The Program Assistant to the WUSTL ENDURE Program provides administrative and logistical support to the Program Directors. The WUSTL ENDURE program aims to prepare undergraduates from underrepresented groups for neuroscience graduate study through mentored research and academic/professional activities.
Per the Chancellor’s office, the university is instituting a hiring freeze for Danforth and Central Fiscal Unit (CFU) positions as of 3/31/30 in response to the COVID-19 situation. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your interest in employment at Washington University. Please refer to our website in coming weeks for updates regarding future employment opportunities. We wish good health to you and your family in these trying times.
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week. This position is in the Department of Biology in the School of Arts & Sciences. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with departments to onboard ENDURE students at the University, including entering students into HR system, setting up payroll, arranging travel and housing, etc.
- Collect and organize student information and files (e.g. forms, abstracts, posters, etc.) on shared program folder. Contact students when documents are missing.
- Maintain and update program calendars and contact lists. Communicate significant changes to necessary parties and remind students and other ENDURE contributors about impending deadlines and events.
- Perform clerical tasks assigned by the Directors as necessary, including preparing program documents (transcribing, editing, printing, and distribution), electronic communications and scheduling meetings.
- Provide logistical support for meetings and special events (conferences, social events, steering and executive advisory committee meetings, etc.). Duties include securing meeting space, ordering and setting up refreshments, travel arrangements and transportation, accommodations, reimbursements, etc. as appropriate.
- Secure payments for evaluators, consultants, instructors and other relevant parties in conjunction with accounting personnel.
- Complete and submit financial forms to ensure timely payment/reimbursement for program expenses. This includes coordinating payments across departments when required.
- Remain cognizant of the budget and maintain a record of expenditures.
- Assist in preparation of annual reports, including compiling and organizing student outcome data.
- Support ENDURE recruitment and admissions, including maintaining recruitment lists, generating printed materials and correspondence, updating program website and organizing application materials.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED/HiSET.
- One year of administrative experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Self-motivated and can manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Highly organized with ability to effectively manage and prioritize time.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Adobe and PowerPoint.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- High level of professionalism and patience in dealing with diverse groups (faculty, students and staff).
Salary Range: The hiring range for this position is $16.31 - $20.39 per hour.
Internal applicant instructions: Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.
To apply, go to jobs.wustl.edu and search for 46997.