This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week. This position is in the Department of Biology in the School of Arts & Sciences at the Danforth Campus. The hiring range for this position is $14.07 - $18.99 per hour.
A full-time position for a research technician in the area of molecular genetics and membrane protein biochemistry. This position requires good communication and organizational skills, ability to work independently as well as within a team, and a willingness to learn new techniques.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with lab maintenance and management including ordering and acting as a safety officer.
- Performs protein research and bacterial genetic engineering (DNA Manipulation).
Bachelors’ degree in biology or related field.
BA/BS in biology plus undergraduate research experience, preferably in either protein chemistry or genetic engineering.
- Exposure to regular lab chemicals, enzymes, molecular biologicals, and growth media.
- Regular work with BSL-1 bacteria such as non-pathogenic, laboratory strains of Escherichia coli.
- Works in laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards.
- Must be physically able to wear protective equipment.
Candidates can apply by navigating to https://jobs.wustl.edu/ and searching for the job opening number 44097.