This position is in the My Sci Resource Center warehouse operated by the Institute for School Partnership and reports to the ISP Resource Center Fleet and Warehouse Coordinator. This employee helps with the inventory functions of receiving, shipping, refurbishment, and pick up and delivery of science kits and materials.
Per the Chancellor’s office, the university is instituting a hiring freeze for Danforth and Central Fiscal Unit (CFU) positions as of 3/31/30 in response to the COVID-19 situation. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your interest in employment at Washington University. Please refer to our website in coming weeks for updates regarding future employment opportunities. We wish good health to you and your family in these trying times.
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week. This position is in the Institute for School Partnership. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the assembly of new My Sci science kits, as well as the refurbishment of current science kits and materials.
- Assist with all areas of inventory control: receiving, material handling, moving inventory to proper locations and cycle counting.
- Help deliver and pick up kits from local St Louis area schools.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors, including in adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to sit, stand, and/or walk for extended period of time on any workday.
- Ability to climb up and down stairs and ladders; to bend, stoop, and lift to move and retrieve materials.
- Ability to pull/push, lift and carry up to 50 pounds; and to reach above and below shoulder height.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work well in a team setting.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable with basic mathematics and numbers.
- Basic computer skills.
- Warehouse experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with Fishbowl inventory system.
Salary Range: The hiring range for this position is $12.69 - $15.45 per hour.
Internal Applicant Instructions: Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.
To apply, go to jobs.wustl.edu and search for 46808.