Many facilities in the Biology Department are shared among members of the department. These include "Charged Centers," such as the plant growth facility, microscopy facility, computer facility, and "Shared Instruments" such as auotclaves, ultracentrifuges, scintillation counters, spectrophotometers, etc. Each piece of shared equipment has user guidelines decided by the indicated contact person (eg proper training, maintenance, access). For heavy use equipment, it is encouraged that the contact person keep a "signup/usage log" on the equipment. Please email the contact person for more info on the use of that equipment. If there are any general questions or issues, please email Prof Kranz (email@example.com).
Autoclaves are available in the following rooms:
- McDonnell 035 (2 available)
- Bayer Lab 402 (2 available)
- Rebstock 302 (2 available)
- Rebstock 123 (preference is Teaching Lab use; please check with Ben Abts)
- Plant Growth 111 (preference is Greenhouse users; please check with Mike Dyer)